shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

11 October 2014

Katniss Cowl Version 2.5

So I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of this project. Last Christmas, I made this scarf/cowl based off the one that Katniss wears in the Hunger Games second movie. 

Then a little bit after Christmas, I decided that I could do it much much better, so I tried again, this time with grey yarn close to the one she wears in the movie. 

That one, version 2.0 turned out pretty good, but I am still not happy with the way it was turning out (I still haven't finished it ...) so I gave up. 

And then one night I was looking at some yarn that my sister gave me for Christmas last year and I thought to myself, this would make a pretty chunky scarf or something. So I started just playing around, and it turned out that I was making the Katniss Cowl version 2.5. 

Here is what I ended up with:



It doesn't look exactly like the one she wore in the movie, but I think its pretty darn close! I think that I learned a lot by making this one. I had figured out some things that I don't think I was doing right in version 2.0, and this one is more of one continuous piece. I even figured out how to shape the thing! I was pretty proud of that ... even though I am fairly certain that I did not do it the correct way.

But who cares, I ended up with something that I'm sort of proud of.

One of these days, I'll go ahead and finish up version 2.0 and post some pictures of that one.

No comments :

Post a Comment