shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

25 December 2015

Simplicity Pattern 1921: Simply Baby


Since I was too busy for my sister-in-law's baby shower to make a gift this year, I decided to make her an outfit for Christmas. I decided to make it red and black since my sister-in-law and her husband are both Red Raiders (and I didn't think she'd put Evynn in a maroon outfit .... )

I decided to do Simplicity Pattern 1921.  I chose option B and E, the dress and little undies to go with it.


One of the most tedious parts of sewing is pinning the patterns to the material and cutting them out. I hate this part of the process...so of course I had to take a picture of the pattern pieces after I finished cutting them out.


The hardest part about this pattern to piece together was the collar. It involved rickrack, and the instructions for this part made absolutely no sense. I pretty much stared at the paper for an hour before I threw them down and just figured it out on my own. But I think that it turned out pretty nice.


I also added the rickrack to the bottom of the dress like the pattern called for. At first I didn't think I was going to do it, but I figured why not? I had the extra rickrack.


The bloomers ...



The zipper was also sort of hard to put in. I tried to use my zipper foot. I'm just not very good at zippers. But I guess that practice makes perfect right??


Here is my sister-in-law, Stephanie opening her gift! I don't think she realized at first that I made it, so I was pretty proud ;)



2 comments :

  1. Hi Stephanie, The dress is adorable, your sister-in-law must have been delighted to receive it! I agree, the collar directions are really lacking and if made according to the directions the dress fabric would not "peek" thru the rickrack - which is one of the reasons I love this pattern. I'm goling to tackle a floral version for my new niece and try to work out the collar business on my own. BTW, I love the black and red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'd love to see how your floral version worked out!

      Delete