shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

12 October 2013

Simplicity Pattern #1663 Option D


I finally finished my first pair of pants! I used Simplicity Pattern #1663, option D. 

Overall I guess I'm happy with how they turned out...there are a few things I wish were better. I used my serger to finish all the seams which was awesome!! I am definitely glad I made that purchase :) 

I like the pants, they remind me of those palazzo pants, and they're comfy enough to lounge around in. 

The fabric I used is 100% rayon, so it is slightly stretchy but not much and it's sort of flowy. 

I ended up lining the pants with another layer of the rayon because I felt like one layer was just not thick enough. This way the legs of the pants are heavier and sit better. 

The waistband is elastic so they are easy to get on and off and it makes them that much easier and more comfortable to wear. 

I even used my serger to make a blind hem at the bottom! 




No comments :

Post a Comment