shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

11 September 2013

Simplicity Pattern 2174 Style 'C'





































I really enjoyed making this dress! It was my first go at this pattern, and I have to say that it was really easy to follow the pattern instructions. The only things I had trouble with were the sleeves and the zipper. One sleeve poofs up more at the top of the shoulder than the other...I tried re-sewing the poof-ier side once, and it looks a little better, but it is still off a little bit but I'm hoping that it's not too noticeable. And the zipper took me FOREVER to put in, and I still don't think it's as clean as I'd like it to be. I think that part of the problem was that I used one of those fashion zippers with the metal teeth and I should have used the invisible zipper instead. The invisible zippers are smaller and easier to sew on.

The material is 100% cotton duck cloth. It frays really bad at the ends, so to finish the seams on the inside, I first trimmed all the seams and then zig-zagged along the edges twice.

Seams will be a lot easier and faster for me once my brand new Brother 1034D serger arrives! (I spoil myself...)

Alterations to the original pattern:

    - Went from size 8 at the top to size 12 at the underarms to size 14 at the waist

My next project will be these pants! (View A)


2 comments :