shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

23 July 2012

Sewing Projects...

Well, I have almost successfully finished 2 sewing projects with my new sewing machine so far...I still have one or two things left to do with the skirt I made, but here they are!

Project #1 - Clutch Handbags as Birthday Gifts

Project #2 - Skirt as Work Wear
Let me just say, that the clutch bags were easy to make - not very difficult.  I followed this tutorial.  The second one; however, was not so 'simple' as it looked...I was following this tutorial.  Maybe if I would have had some more experience sewing clothes, it would have been simpler...

But, I think that I made something that I'll actually wear once I'm done with it!  I made the skirt too big around my waist...I started out with good intentions - it was supposed to sit lower, but since I'm short, I wanted the skirt to come just above my knees, so I am going to take it in a little bit so it will fit higher on my waist without having to have a belt on to hold it up.

So what do you think?  Do I have a future as a seamstress???

LOL.

In other news, I have updated my blog a little bit, I'm not finished yet, but I've added a 'Recipes' page with all the recipes I've shared so far.  Eventually, I'd like to start a section of my blog where I share recipes that are very simple (5 ingredients or less) and healthy too!

I'm also trying to think of a new blog name.  So far, I've gotten "Stephy-Do, 'Cause This is What I Do" from my sister, Brandi as a suggestion.  Anyone else have a suggestion??

Leave a comment if you do!

No comments :

Post a Comment