shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

23 May 2012

How to Keep a Clean House?

It's been a while since I've posted.

I was thinking earlier about why I don't post anymore, and I feel like it's because I just don't have anything to say.  But then I was looking at the title of my blog "Secret Life of the American Newly-Wed".  I should post about things that newly wedded people deal with.

Lately, I feel like the biggest problem I'm having is trying to keep our place clean.

It is SO HARD!  Why can't we all just have servants to clean up after us and do all our house work and laundry, dust, and sweep, and vacuum?

Oh yeah, because that costs money, and we are not millionaires.

I feel like I'm a fairly clean person, or at least I thought I was.  Add this to Cody, who isn't even capable of taking his dirty plate that he just ate off of to the sink after we eat (that's right, he just gets up and goes to the other room after he's done eating), and I'm in a world of trouble.

It doesn't even take two hours to have a dirty kitchen again after we just clean it.  Cody's idea of cleaning the kitchen apparently doesn't involve wiping down the counters with soap or any type of disinfecting spray, so I have to do it if I want it done.

And don't even get me started on the bathrooms, the laundry, or (if you know Cody) the millions of shoes and clothes hangers I'm constantly tripping over!

How did our parents do it?

No comments :

Post a Comment