shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

16 January 2012

Food.

Chocolate Microwave Cake
Well, let me just tell you.

I have sort of been enjoying this new yeast-free diet.  Today, I went to Subway after work because I was starving before my small group meeting.  I found myself not even wanting to get bread on a sandwich!  Can you believe it??

I never thought I'd be the girl to choose not to get bread.  So I got a salad with spinach, bell pepper, onion, tomato, teryaki chicken, salt, pepper, and sweet onion sauce.  Granted, the sauce may not have been on the yeast free plan...but still, I ate a salad people!

(and I liked it.)

I actually wished I had more of it whenever I finished.

I remember a time whenever I wouldn't eat something if it was green.  I hated the taste of lettuce (and vegetables for that matter).

Cody and I have also been hitting up a good ole burger joint every now and then.  We will get a burger with all the fix-ins on it, and then take off the bun (and immediately throwing it in the trash so we won't be tempted to eat it) and just eat the meat and veggies.  It's really not that bad!

And of course, we have been doing a lot more cooking!  Or should I say, Cody has been doing a lot more cooking.  Because I really don't cook...

This weekend we made lamb stew which turned out pretty good, although it lacked a lot of the richer flavors.  I think next time we need to put something else in it like a tomato or something...it was good, but just a little bit dull.

Our Lamb Stew
Here are the ingredients we used:

Lamb
Cabbage
Celery
Carrots
Onion
Red Potato
Chicken Stock
Water
Salt
Pepper

Just throw it all in the crock pot (put meat in last) and turn it up on high heat for a few hours (or medium-low heat if you want to let it cook all day).

And we all know about my enormous sweet tooth, so I couldn't resist trying out this cake recipe I found online at Physician's Preference this afternoon (see the picture at the beginning of this post).

It turned out great...better than I ever would have thought a baked treat out of the microwave would turn out...so fast to make!

And it's also great because the recipe only makes a couple servings so it's the perfect amount of cake for just a little something after a meal.

Here's the recipe:



Microwaveable Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1/4 C almond flour (I used oat flour and it worked just fine)
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 t aluminum free baking powder
1/3 C Sweet-N-Natural
1/2 t vanilla
2 T coconut oil
1 T hot water
1 egg

Instructions:

Mix melted butter (or coconut oil), hot water and Sweet-N-Natural
Stir and warm up in microwave until Sweet-N-Natural is dissolved as much as possible.
Stir in vanilla, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and egg.
Coat ramekins with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
Spoon mixture into ramekins.
Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 1 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! 

(Makes 2 small ramekins.)

*For extra creamy goodness, top with 1 tablespoon of natural peanut or almond butter before serving! 

No comments :

Post a Comment