shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

16 December 2011

Morning Verse

I've been reading a little daily devotional book each morning before work called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  So far, it's been pretty good I think.  She puts scripture references in at the end of each page and I kind of liked one of them from today so I thought I'd share it with those of you who read my blog.
The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.  He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.  - Isaiah 50:4
This verse just re-affirmed my thoughts lately that the best time to read the Bible and have some alone time with God is in the morning, before you've started your day.  I feel like it really gives me a better attitude during the day and helps me to focus while I'm at work.

It's become a routine of mine every morning, to journal out my prayers and thoughts to God before I start work each morning, and I hope that it will continue!

No comments :

Post a Comment