shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

22 November 2013

Paleo Birthday Cake


































Today is Cody's 26th birthday!

He wanted me to make him a paleo birthday cake for today, so I went on Pinterest and found this recipe. It's a chocolate cake made out of coconut flour instead of regular flour, lots of eggs, maple syrup, and coconut oil instead of butter. See the recipe for all the ingredients.

I even made the dairy free icing!

I didn't follow the directions completely, and I learned my lesson with this cake. The directions say to place parchment paper in the pans before you put the mix into them and bake them. Instead, I used my Wilton's cake release thinking that it would work...well it didn't, and so my cake layers came out in pieces :(

But I put them back together and moved on.

We haven't cut into the cake yet, but from some of the crumbs, I think it's going to taste really good!

Happy Birthday Cody!





No comments :

Post a Comment