shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

02 August 2012

Morning Verse

A few weeks ago, I was trying to read through the book of Numbers every morning before work...but it was becoming sort of repetitive, and so eventually my morning scripture reading fizzled out.

So now, since I need to get back in the word, I decided to just skip over the parts I had left and move on to Deuteronomy.  Yesterday I read through the first couple chapters and this morning I read through chapter 4, which I think is a good one!

Here are the hi-lights:
"For the LORD your GOD is a consuming fire, a jealous God."  -vs 24
"But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.  When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the LORD your God and obey his voice.  For the LORD your God is a merciful God.  He will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them."  - vs. 29 - 31

Verses 29-31 come after Moses tells the Israelites that if they disobey God's commandments in the promised land which they are about to enter, that they will be scattered among the people into foreign nations and serve man-made things that can't give them anything in return.

But they still have hope!  Even if they've destroyed themselves by not following God's word, he will still accept them back into the covenant he made with Abraham, Issac, and Jacob way back in the day if they return to God and obey him once again.

So thank GOD for his mercy today!  (Because you KNOW that we all SCREW UP....a LOT and we NEED mercy from him)

No comments :

Post a Comment