shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

06 April 2012

Women's Health

Ok, so lately, I've been feeling like I'm gaining weight.  My clothes are tighter than usual, and I'm starting to be disgusted with myself every morning whenever I look in the mirror.  I know it's a bad excuse, but I just feel like I've been busier than I used to, and after work, I just don't feel like going to the gym anymore.  I'd rather go home and eat supper and hang out with Cody.

The other day, Cody emailed me at work saying that he wanted me to try a new exercise plan where I do short high intensity exercises instead of spending more time at the gym doing cardio (which I am learning doesn't really even help you lose any weight).  So why am I wasting all my time at the gym doing the elliptical if it's not even helping me?

Then I remembered that we bought a book a while back called The Women's Health Big Book of 15 Minute Workouts.  We got it so that Cody could get some ideas for girl exercises for whenever he started personal training people (which he never did by the way...).  But anyway, I thought, why haven't I read this book yet??  Oh yeah, because I hate reading things that don't have a plot...

Anyway, yesterday I was talking to Claire at work and she was telling me that she and her husband are going to try and start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier to go to the gym before work.

I've always thought it would be nice to be able to wake up earlier and get in a workout before my day starts, but I've never had the proper motivation to actually do it because I've felt like I wouldn't have enough time to get ready and get to work at the same time.

But now I'm motivated to get up and exercise now that I know I can design some 15 minute workouts for myself.  I can even do them at home!

My goal is to lose about 10 pounds by June or so...I just want to be the same size I was a year ago, and be able to fit into my clothes again without feeling chubby!

3 comments :

  1. That's an admirable goal! Warning though, you might start gaining muscle and not see the numbers on the scale you want. However, you'll still be a healthier you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muscle is ok, it takes up less room than fat so it will help me lose inches hopefully...we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, and keep us posted! I'm also trying to hit my goal by May/June!

    ReplyDelete