shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

23 September 2014

Cloudcroft, NM

Over the past weekend, Cody and I met up with his sister and her husband (the other Stephanie and Cody) in New Mexico.

Cody and I stayed at The Lodge in Cloudcroft, NM - a hotel/spa/golf course. The Lodge is supposedly haunted by a ghost called Rebecca. Neither Cody or I saw any funny business though, so I am not convinced. It was a cool story though.

The plan was to go to watch the launch of hot air balloons in Alamogordo on Saturday morning, but it was just to mushy for them to take off in the said field, so we did not get to see them :(

So we just went on out to the White Sands National Monument and had some fun on our own! The White Sands National Monument is really awesome. I felt like I was at the beach! But it was just a desert with no water ... and mountains in the distance! It was also an opportunity for me to try and be a photographer with my new(ish) camera I bought myself for Christmas.

My lovely husband, Cody!


Welcome to the beach! I mean ..... not.


The other Stephanie and Cody








Cody even built himself a sand castle.






Next up, the giant Pistachio! Pistachio's are grown in New Mexico, and we got to see a giant one at one of the local wineries/pistachio farms. We also did a little wine tasting, very tasty! And of course we sampled some Pistachios.







No road trip is complete until you stop on the side of the road and take some scenic pictures, so here you go!









Last picture of the day, my lovely sister in law, Stephanie! She is so darn photogenic (unlike me and my wild hair...should have washed and fixed it this weekend but alas, I am too lazy). 

Also going on this weekend in Cloudcroft was some sort of lumberjack festival/competition so we got to watch some men chopping some logs. 

Sunday morning, Cody and I woke up and had some breakfast and then went to the spa and had a couple's massage. I've had one other massage before, and Cody had never done one before so it was sort of a new experience. Cody loved it. I liked it. 

Anyway, it was a nice and relaxing weekend and we both had such a good time! 


No comments :

Post a Comment