shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

20 August 2013

The Juicer

This weekend after we got back from our trip to Fort Davis (a post on that to come...) Cody begged me to go to the store and buy a juicer. 

He's been watching documentaries about how juicing is just so good for you, yadda, yadda.

So we went on down to Bed Bath and Beyond with our 20% off coupon and bought ourselves an Omega VERT 350 juicer. It's actually pretty cool because it is vertical, it's small, and it ejects the pulp out into a separate container so it's easier to clean. 

The blade only spins at 80 RPM which is awesome because that way it prevents oxidation and the juice stays good and healthy for a full 72 hours which means we can juice at night and enjoy the next day with the same benefits of fresh juice!

When we lived in Houston, we had a juicer that we got rid of when we moved because we never used it (it was hard to clean...) so I was skeptical about spending so much on a juicer now.

But we made a pact with each other that we WILL have a juice for breakfast every single morning.


































Just look at that goofy smile...he is so happy right now!

Here's the juice I had this morning:


































I don't know how I let Cody talk me into this...


































Next time, we'll be pouring the juice through a strainer before we put it in the jar to get rid of all of the pulp. Actually, once I got past that, the juice really wasn't that bad, a little too citricy this go round, but I did manage to drink the whole jar.

I think though, from now on we will stick to recipes to make sure that the grassy flavors don't overpower the other flavors.

No comments :

Post a Comment