shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

25 July 2013

Cake Decorating!

I've always wanted to learn how to decorate cookies and cakes, and I finally decided to take a class! Last night I signed up for the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 at the local Michael's Craft Store. 

Course 1 is split up into 4 sessions, 2 hours each. I bought the student kit that goes with the class last night, and I couldn't wait until I go to the class to open it up! There is a lot of stuff that comes in this kit (see the picture below).


In the first course, I'm supposed to learn a lot of stuff!

 - How to bake a great cake for decorating
 - How to fill and hold a decorating bag
 - Decorating bag pressure control
 - Icing consistency 
 - Dimensional decorating
 - Drop flower
 - Piping gel pattern transfer
 - Rosette
 - Shell
 - Pompom flower
 - Shaggy mum
 - Ribbon rose
 - Printing and writing on a cake
 - Guidelines for elementary cake design

My first class isn't until August 5th and I can't wait!

For the first class, there is a whole list of things that I have to bring with:

 - The decorating basics student kit
 - 1 can of Wilton ready to use decorating icing
 - 6 plain flat cookies
 - Apron
 - Pen and paper
 - Scissors
 - Sticky notes
 - Damp cloth

Quite a list! I'm excited to show off my home-sewn apron!

I also need to decide if I will try and make my own cookies from scratch or if I will buy a mix. My goal is to try and make healthier treats...so maybe I'll try to make a healthy version of a cookie?

I am so excited!

No comments :

Post a Comment