shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

23 January 2013

Joy in Weakness, that's the Power of Christ!


Have you ever felt like you are such a bad person that you don't even deserve to pray to God for help? Well I have certainly felt that way...a lot.

This morning I was stuck in some traffic, and getting pretty flustered about it. I may have said some stuff that I shouldn't have...I was also angry because I didn't get a very good breakfast, and I'm always more irritable whenever I'm hungry, and anyway, it wasn't very good.

I have a hard time after I've just committed obvious sin to feel worthy to go before God and pray (it's sort of become a routine of mine to journal a short prayer for the day right whenever I get to work). And this morning, literally 5 minutes after I've just had such a bad attitude on the road, it was hard to sit down and pray.

I have a book called Jesus Calling that has daily devotionals in it. And guess what this morning's said?

"It's alright to be human"
How perfect is that?? 2 Corinthians 12:9 is the truth! We need to come before God whenever we feel weakness more than ever in our lives. It's during those times that we will most be able to see the power of God at work because we know that his power will rest upon us and transform our minds and attitudes.

So the next time you feel unworthy to talk to our savior, remember 2 Corinthians 12:9!

No comments :

Post a Comment