shop tutorials recipes fitness links about me home Image Map

03 October 2012

Dust Lands

I've been reading a new book lately called Dust Lands: Blood Red Road by Moira Young. It's pretty good so far (I'm almost done), and there is a second book coming out soon. I found this book randomly at the bookstore when I was looking for a new book series in the young adult fantasy/fiction section since I really enjoy those types of books.

This one has a review quote at the bottom of the cover that says that it's "better than The Hunger Games..." so I just had to get it.

Ha.

I won't say that it's better than The Hunger Games, because I don't think it is, but I will say that it's a good book. So what is this book about, you ask?

It's about a girl named Saba. She lives in a world sometime in the future where I believe that people from our time are referred to as "Wreckers." I'm not really sure what's happened to civilization, but in this reality, droughts have ravaged the land, and the people aren't educated anymore...it's annoying at first, because the book is written in the first person (Saba's point of view) and she doesn't have very good grammar, and it's all written in her slang voice.

But after you get over that, it's ok.

So Saba lives with her dad, twin brother, and little sister at a place called Silver Lake. Then one day, four horsemen come and kidnap her brother and kill her father and leave her and her sister all by themselves. So Saba decides to go after her brother and rescue him, and the book is about all the people and bad situations she encounters along the way.

I've enjoyed reading this book so far, and I'm excited to finish it! I think that guys and girls alike would enjoy this book. There is a little bit of a love story involved, because lets face it, what kind of book would it be if it didn't, but that's just a small portion of the book, and I think that guys can tolerate it.

Check it out!

No comments :

Post a Comment